How much risk do you take on your trade?

Discussion in 'General Forex Discussion' started by Ovidio Lettiere, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Ovidio Lettiere

Ovidio Lettiere ECZ Member

Forex is a risky market. It is best to manage the risk carefully. If you don’t manage risk carefully you can blow your trading account overnight. That’s why risk management is important in forex trading. As for me, I prefer to take a maximum of 5% risk per trade. My broker Eurotrader gives high leverage up to 1:500. But I only take 1:500 leverage.

2. PinkSugar

PinkSugar ECZ Member

How much capital you risk depends on your account size, but as a general rule, don't risk more than 1% of your account on a trade. In other words, don't lose more than 1% of your trading account on a single trade.

3. Amy Lempriere

Amy Lempriere ECZ Member

Trying to get rich overnight in Forex can never be a successful trader. It is possible to become a profitable trader by trading with patience. I think it is possible to follow money management if you risk 2% per trade. And for every trade, you should trade at a 1: 2 risk-reward. It is possible to follow money management much better.

4. Gary Neville

Gary Neville ECZ Member

The simplest way is to trade with good money/risk management, as if we do this successfully, it will help us get results. I find it easily doable through FreshForex broker, as they are amazing with having lowest possible spreads, high leverages, smooth trading platform and my favourite their 101% Tradable Deposit bonus.